You can switch mid tenancy!
Most landlords assume that it would be much better and amicable to wait until their current tenant(s) provide their notice to leave the property before contacting another agent to switch to. They feel there will be a lot less hassle and problems and in a lot of cases this can be true, however, although it may seem like hard work, it is not your hard work as we can do most of it for you.
Have a read of our guide if you are considering switching from your current agent.
1. You will need to consider the current terms and conditions of the contract you signed with your current agent. You will need to check how much notice, if any, you are required to give. Having determined this, give the required notice in writing to terminate your agreement and we would advise to post recorded delivery and email all relevant departments so there is no excuse for the written notice to have gone awol! If you need any advice regarding this then please contact us.
2. If you are signed to a fully managed service then it would be wise to obtain the contact details of your current tenant(s) which your agent should give you.
3. We will set up an advice meeting with you and this can either be at your home, in our office or somewhere less informal, perhaps in a coffee shop where will will talk about our terms of business and outlining to you our lettings process and commitment to providing an unrivalled lettings and management service. We will provide all the necessary paperwork for you read and complete.
4. We will arrange to meet your current tenant(s) at the property they rent from you to explain everything to them and provide them with a welcome pack which will include all the details of our service to them whilst they are renting the property. Part of this transfer may include a new tenancy agreement for the tenant(s) to sign. We will also deal with the deposit transfer.
5. Both you and your tenant(s) will be assigned a property manager who will be your contact throughout the tenancy should any matters arise that require attention.
It really is as simple and as easy as that - Call our team on 029 2057 5631 for more information